PROMOTE THE HOBBY

PROMOTE THE HOBBY THROUGH OPEN MINDED EXCHANGE OF KNOWLEDGE AND IDEAS - Share your experiences as a breeder or novice both good and bad. Pass on your experiences and share results with the next generation. A successful breeder will be remembered for such efforts...

Friday, June 17, 2011

What's Your Favorite Fishroom Tool?


What's Your Favorite Fishroom Tool?


© Alan S. Bias
Permission granted for nonprofit reproduction or duplication of photos and text with proper credit for learning purposes only.



What's Your Favorite Fishroom Tool?


© Alan S. Bias
Permission granted for nonprofit reproduction or duplication of photos and text with proper credit for learning purposes only.



Here's one of those little things I picked up on years ago.  To tell you the truth it was so long ago I'm not sure where I saw it in use the first time.  At one time it was common to see my all time favorite tool in use in many Mom & Pop fish stores.  While I use a collapsible 3 step ladder here and there, it just seems not worth the effort in many situations.

Not a day goes by in which I don't rely on my low tech device.  I’m not sure I would know how to function in a fishroom without one.  If you are able to locate the real thing and not a thin, decorator model offered for sale in stores today, better give it a try as they seem harder and harder to come by these days.

So by far the most indispensable tool in my fishroom has always been an inverted plastic milk crate with a piece of wood secured to the bottom.  It is easily kicked around the room to where needed.   Perfect device to stand on and reach higher tanks.   Even better to sit on while pretending to work on lower tiers.


  I’ll bet you’ll find it hard to do without in the future

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more Alan.I have 65 tanks and I think I have more milkcrates than furniture in my house.

    ReplyDelete

Click on blog photos to enlarge

Click on blog photos to enlarge